Sunday, September 19, 2010

Starting the Journey

Are you out there somewhere in your crib all alone
Staring at the ceiling or dreaming of a home
Does your little body quiver because your lonely and cold
Sleep tight my little one your story's yet to be told
We're praying and dreaming of the life you will lead
We pray that with God's help we can give you all that you need
We won't be perfect, we'll make a mistake or two
But one thing we promise is to always love you
We'll protect you and hug you and dry all your tears
We'll hold you and listen to all of your fears
Your mommy is sleeping right next to me tonight
She's dreaming about you and how your future is so bright
So sleep tight my little one and dry those tears too
We're praying and planning and coming soon for you

Jessica and I have started the journey toward adoption. We ask for your prayers. We know this will be a time where we will have to trust God fully. Jesus says "Let not your heart be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me". We are clinging to this verse as we start this process. Right now we are looking at adopting from the Ukraine. We know God has already chosen a child for us. More  to come very soon.

6 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! I seriously can't wait to see what God has in store for you two and can't wait to meet the baby God brings into your life. I love you guys and your passion for the Lord and his Word is contagious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay!!! Im beyond proud of yall! And so excited! God has has big things in store for the two of yall and I cant wait to see it! And I cant wait to be an aunt to the little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jess!!! I had no clue yall were wanting to adopt!! I am so excited for yall and can't wait to meet this new little one :) We will have to drive to drive to Hartselle and have some play dates. I will be praying for yall on your journey to getting this sweet little blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you both and the special little one God has chosen for you! I look forward to hearing more about the journey as you go through. Sometimes it can be a long one, but with strong faith and your hearts in the right place it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely amazing! I will keep you and your future child in my prayers. I know that God has a special plan for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Justin and Jess! Seth found your blog through Facebook and told me to take a look. Congrats on starting your new journey!! That is very exciting! We will definitely keep you in our prayers and be checking your blog for updates!!

    Jill Bowen

    ReplyDelete